Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow Dog


My dog, Coda, loves the snow. If she could walk in several inches of snow everyday, she would. So, this morning we woke up to a rare seven inches of snow on the ground. That may not seem like much, but at 35 years of age that's the most snow I've seen here in Texas. I bundled up and set out for a walk with Coda. Many places had untouched snow and she was happy to bite at it and then run through it. It was very peaceful and white. We walked a couple of miles and headed home. I'm hoping to get out again tomorrow and walk before it all melts away. Oddly, it wasn't that cold. It was colder three weeks ago when Bree and I walked our first training walk.

2 comments:

  1. We played in the snow all day today and we loved it because the temp. wasn't cold at all.
    I might actually go for a jog outside since it isn't windy or freezing. I never would have imagined I'd be saying that!
    Coda is a cutie! I like the fact that she loves the snow too.
    I'll doggy-sit anytime you need me to. Of course, she might not enjoy the stay because Barrett would freak her out.

    ReplyDelete