Saturday, July 10, 2010

OMG!!!


I walked 7 miles this morning in 90% humidity. Not a pretty picture at the end~ I looked as wet as the day we got caught in the rain.

I bought a new pair of tennis shoes yesterday. I tried on numerous pairs of shoes to find a comfy fit. I've read a lot of blogs by people who've walked in the 3 day before. Many of them swear by Asics and New Balance. Neither of those shoes like my feet! The Asics squish my toes on the outer part of my foot. New Balace do weird things to my arches. These worked because they're more rounded at the toe area so I have plenty of room. My Addidas, which I love, are similar and have worked great. I will be breaking in this new pair soon.

Once again I was at the back of the pack, but that's ok. I talked with a really nice lady, Suma, the whole time. She's a doctor as well, so two doctors on the training walk. Anyway, she was really sweet and it made the time go by more quickly then if I just kept to myself. Plus, the walk is about building camaraderie among women. It's nice to have another group to walk with when Bree is out of town.

1 comment:

  1. Love the shoes girl! I'm anxious to see them AFTER the walk too! ha

    ReplyDelete