Sunday, July 25, 2010

I'm Back

This is the first time since I began training that I've taken a whole week off from walking. I was in Phoenix last week and Bree was in Prague. It was entirely too hot for me to walk in Phoenix. I still went to the gym and did classes, but no walking.
Yesterday morning I walked with my Saturday morning group. I walked 8 miles in a little under 2 1/2 hours. The humidity wasn't bad so it wasn't miserable. I could tell I'd taken a week off. My hips and knees were achy. I put on some Arnicare and was good for the rest of the day.
This morning Bree and I met at 6AM and walked 8 miles as well. So two days back to back have gotten me back into the groove. No soreness at all today and I walked in my new Nikes. They were great...no slipping, squeezing of toes, or rubbing.
Several people stopped us on the trail and asked if we're doing the 3 day. Yes, we usually wear a splash of pink but we're not pink freaks. I was wearing my "In Training" shirt with the pink ribbon, but people are usually so involved in their own walk or run they don't notice. Anyway, the people that stopped us said good job or good luck. It was nice and a good feeling for what we're doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment