Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Countdown is On....

Sunday we walked 13 miles and my ankle seems fine. I think laying off of walking for a solid week helped. We are about a week away from the 3-Day Walk, so I don't want to tempt fate. This walk had sightings of two interesting creatures; no icky bugs this time. We saw an armadillo walking toward the creek. Sadly, most of my armadillo sightings have been road kill situations. Toward the end of our walk we saw a coyote. It was just sitting quietly in the middle of one of the soccer fields. If you didn't know better, you'd think it was a skinny stray dog.

I'm hoping, and I know Bree is too, that the temperatures drop a little more before the fifth. The daytime highs are still in the mid to upper 80s; which is above normal for late October. Keeping my fingers crossed for 70s and no rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment